Thursday 24 February 2011

another shoe one - shoes during business trips...

sop sop sop, I need someone to feel sorry for me. I went to play billiard and twisted my knee :-( I have absolutely no idea how I did this. So now the only shoes I can wear are my black flats that are soooo boring. Do not get me wrong, they are very comfy and I love them as they were a Xmas present from my favourite person in the whole wide world, but still sooo boring.

I initially took 3 pairs of shoes with me for 3 weeks, but I can not wear my snow boots at work, and now neither the heels. Which would all not be a problem if I had not bought the amazing amount of 4 pairs of shoes in the last 2 weeks here. The brogue boots I talked about in the last post, but I added sparkly converse and high top converse, as well as a nice pair of beige flats to the collection. The collection that is nicely arranged in the entrance of my hotel room, but not on my feet as either totally inappropriate for work, or clashing with the boring work color pallette I am wearing*


I bought sparkly laces and plaid laces and other laces at the converse outlet shop, where I finally found the Ox sequins as well that I was trying to hound down all last summer. So despite the resolution to not submit to the shoe shopping addiction, I succumed one final time. Converse Haven!

I am still not sure where the obsession with chucks comes from. I always always had one pair of high top red ones (which is actually not accurate, I started wearing those after my last pair of high school doc martins died), but in recent years it has increased multifold. Has their selection increased or just gotten more interesting. But then again my love for shoes has increased multifold in line with my increasing salary and exposure to Amaaazing shoes. I am home sick for a home I no longer have... oh well, time to wrap this trip up, go home and add these shoes to my new shoe rack that is already reaching 150% capacity, and ice my knee once again

* I love the local IT guys, love love love them. They color schemed today and wore purple tops. I so wanted to join them, but spilled stuff over my purple dress yesterday night. But tomorrow we do blue and it is casual Friday and I am flying back so I can wear my blue tshirt and join - and wear my sparkly shoes with my sparkly black laces - I have to be allowed, I work for a company that produces Bling Bling

No comments:

Post a Comment