Wednesday 16 February 2011

Plaid and other things

First off, sad sad update, I did not get my Comicon tickets... I was sledging at full speed down a mountain when they came out, and thus not online enough to battle the refresh butting to secure these. Oh well, there is always next year, but I will nevertheless go to Vegas despite the VERY IMPORTANT SAP work date...

In order to compensate for that sadness in my life, I went shophappy in Boston this weekend (despite the cold) and may I declare that Newbury Street rocks big time (and also has a quite gobsmacking moneyabsorbing capacity). I have somehow rediscovered my long lost love for plaid. Lost for 15 years may I say - aah the long past times of doc martins, colored laces, and long plaid shirts over ripped jeans... Now I bought black ladies brogues/boots, put in colored red plaid laces, combined it with a pair of nice unripped opaque black tights and a red plaid shirt dress, and enjoyed the new updated grown up look of my teenagehood. Good times.

But still can not deal with the belted look around the shirt dress, despite buying a quite nice belt that I actually like in itself. But the whole thing it does to my hips, I can not stand, and thus I would fiddle and fiddle and fiddle with it while being out and about. The same way one worries a loose tooth until it goes, I would do that to the belt. Same reason I can not deal with having my hair open and not in a pony tail. I am always so jealous of people that can keep their nervous ticks at bay to maintain the integrity of a look...

Anywho, plaids... What to do, keep it down to one look and bring it up on occassion? Go the full monty and get some more? Am I too late on this particular bandwagon as the cool Fashion pics all seems from some seasons ago? The fashion choices are once again vast...

One last note: I would totally wear the top right red plaid dress...

No comments:

Post a Comment