Thursday 24 March 2011

Destiny and chocolate

I am sitting at work writing a business concept for integrating processes throughout the company, and while I am researching some papers to ensure I have not forgotten something, I stumbled about papers relating to the stone age concept of CPFR, and I realised I have been working with and about the same general topic for 10 years. I wrote my master thesis about CPFR, was a planner in my first job, wrote my PhD about the relationship between innovation and supply chain, and now was hired to implement S&OP. I have a passion for this topic, as it brings me into contact with all functions and all aspects of a company without requiring to be an expert in anything. But over time I have turned into an expert of cross funtional business processes. So why is it that when I dream about having my own business, it is not to open a consultancy and raking in lots and lots of cash based on all this acquired knowledge, but to open a beach hut in a backpacker capital that offers second hand books, multi media rooms, wifi, pizza and cider?

I am trying to convince my favourite person to go into business with me in 5 years, and that we should go location scouting every year for 2 weeks until we have found the perfect spot. Let's see how that pans out in October on our first scouting mission :-) That reminds me, I made her LOL yesterday.

I am not a big sweet eater, but with the new job and it being Switzerland and all, there is a lot more and more often chocolate available in the office, so I have eaten more of it then usual. Most people get fat, I got a skin rash. Turns out I am allergic to chocolate (or rather the milk in it). Who knew? I bet some people would love to have that problem :-P

Ok, back to my concept paper, just felt like sharing...

No comments:

Post a Comment