Monday 16 August 2010

Things I love to hate

Ok, you non-existing followers, this is quite an old one, but for completeness sake I feel the urge to add it. Maybe one day someone will stumble over it and think how awesome I am, and email me, and we will fall madly in love, and live ever after...

Herewith the things I love to hate. While living in London, as I am sure I will miss these things dearly once I move far far away

  • A London must: tube strikes where people that earn more then me strike for even more money, while I can not even get to work to earn my paltry salary
  •  Italian tourists on Oxford Street, especially over Christmas. I mean, is Italy not famous for its fashion, why are they jamming the street with their humongous Primark bags?
  •  London touts that ensure concerts are sold out in 2 minutes flat and then sell tickets at 49236times the price
  • Glastonbury hype: the people that don’t go claim they are totally ok with not being covered in mud, but are actually dying internally from jealousy. The stinky smelly Glastonbury returnees on the other hand claim it was super, even though they were dying internally for a clean shower and toilet. And returnees, please don’t sit so close in the tube to people that have been at work all day Monday
  • Commuters who jam their arm into the closing door of the lift instead of waiting for the next one and thereby make you miss your tube
  • Bus drivers that have no idea where they are going or what the names of the bus stops on their route since 1962 are
  • People on facebook that don’t get a good rant and complain that I am some human being hater and that there are always deeper meanings and considerations. It’s a rant, grow up. This applies to this post as well...
  • English people that complain ALL year around that they never have a decent summer. But oh behold, it is above 25 degree Celsius, and suddenly it is unbearably warm. FACT: There is no too warm on the English isles.
  • People abroad that believe repeating loudly the same words in English over and over again will make the poor local trader/bus driver/taxi/waiter understand their ramblings any better. DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH? This does not even work on English Bus drivers and they do speak English...
  • TV show season finale cliff hangers – I have watched the show for the whole season, why do they think I will stop doing so unless they threaten me with killing off the main character? By the time the new season starts I will anyway have forgotten all about the amnesia/accident/runaway bride…
  • Cheap Airlines that think people are too stupid to realise that paying 30GBP extra for your hand luggage and 75 GBP for extra special bad customer service instead of super duper bad customer service is a rip-off
  • People that wear sunglasses at night inside a club – are you vampires? Have a UV eye allergy? Are you an X-men? No? Then take the bloody things off, otherwise you just look like a desperate wannabe famous twit. Jack Tweed anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment